Festive season is on the run and sure there will be lot of parties. Drinks have always been an essential part of parties and it is fun experimenting with your casual drinks. Here are some quick fix cocktails if you do plan to host a party.
- Caipiroska: Originated from a famous Brazilian drink Caipirinha this can easily be made with four simple ingredients i.e. Vodka, lime, mint leaves & sugar syrup.
- 45 ml vodka
- 6 lime wedges
- 15ml sugar syrup
- 10 mint leaves
- Crushed ice
- Garnish: a sprig of mint leaves/ 1/2 slice sweet lime
All you need to do is Squeeze and drop lime wedges into glass and Tear the mint leaves on it. Crush them a little and add lot of ice to it. Add sugar syrup and Smirnoff and stir to taste. Garnish with mint leaves or cut lime slices.
2. Cosmopolitan: A fruity, fun cocktail that is most famous with women.
- Glass: Martini
- 45 ml vodka
- 45 ml cranberry juice
- 2 wedges of lime
- Garnish: Half a slice orange/sparked orange peel.
Fill the shaker 3/4 with ice and put all ingredients in it. Crush the lime wedges into the shaker. Strain the drink into martini glass. Garnish with a peel of orange.
3. Long Island Iced Tea: This alcoholic drink with a mix of vodka, white rum, gin and tequila is sure to make you feel high.
- 15ml vodka (preferably orange flavoured)
- 15ml rum
- 15ml gin
- 15ml Tequila/Desmondji 51% (agave spirit)
- 15ml Cointreau/Desmondji (orange liqueur)
- 10ml lime juice
- Top with coke
- Garnish: orange slice with sprig of mint and orange
Take a glass full of ice and insert all ingredients except tequila and vodka. Top with coke and float tequila and orange liqueur on top. Garnish with Orange slice or mint.
4. Bloody Mary: Made with tomato juice and vodka, spiced with undertones of tabasco sauce this is a different and funky cocktail.
- Glass: Tall/Collins glass
- 45 ml vodka
- 150 ml tomato juice
- 15 ml lime juice
- A wedge of lime
- 1/4 tsp Wooster sauce
- 1 tsp or more Tabasco sauce
- Garnish: green chilly and salt rim
Take a tall glass rimmed with salt and filled with 3/4th glass of ice. Add tomato juice, Wooster sauce, Tabasco sauce, lime juice, squeeze a wedge of lime in it and adjust the flavours. Insert the vodka and stir. Garnish with a green chilly
5. Twisted Whisky Sour: Bourbon, lime and sugar and a twist of fruits.
- Glass: Rocks
- 45ml Whiskey
- 20ml lime juice
- 30ml orange juice
- 10 ml sugar syrup
- Garnish: half slice of orange
Fill 3/4th shaker with ice cubes. Add all ingredients and shake. Strain into a rock glass filled with ice and garnish with half a slice of orange.
Try these easy cocktail hacks for any occasions and your guests are sure to appreciate the same.